Real Life Choices Mission is to be recommended and respected for offering the best choice, providing the best value and employing the best people in support of children and adults with autism and/or learning disabilities.
Our Principles of Service have evolved from consultation with people who use our services and staff and embody the values of the organization.
We make the following ‘Promises’ to all people receiving support:
Eight (8) promises that we as an organization give to every person using RLC services. These promises have been developed through consultation with people who use our services.
- To always listen
- To be kind, friendly and fun
- To support you to feel good about yourself and to keep you happy and healthy
- To use lots of different ways to support you to understand and make choices
- To get to know you and what is important to you
- To involve you in getting new staff, get my support right and let you know if there are any changes
- To support you to learn new things that are important to you
- To check if you are happy with how RLC supports you and make things better if you’re unhappy
We believe that potential is LIMITLESS and that every child, young person or adult we support can and will ‘Achieve Above and Beyond’.
- Real Life Choices vision reflects our aspiration for a world where people with disabilities are seen for their ability, it’s a world that is fair and accessible, where people with disabilities have the opportunity to participate as equal citizens and exercise choice & control over personal outcomes. We are passionate about the role we can play in achieving this vision and the difference we can make in the lives of individuals.
Values and Behaviours
In all RLC’s work, our values are at the center of everything we do.
- To provide quality, sustainable and flexible services that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose.
- To support a sense of wellbeing through a celebration of each person’s unique gifts, talents and contributions, the quality of our relationships and ensuring the promotion of real opportunities to connect with others.